Don loves pumpkin pie. Notice I said Don loves pumpkin pie – I don’t even like pumpkin pie. BUT since I love Don, I thought I’d make him the mother of all pumpkin pies.
He told me it was truly deliciously Sinful. I had to give half of it away before he made himself sick eating it.
Try it for yourself during the holidays or just because you LOVE pumpkin pie.
- 1 - 8 oz package cream cheese (softened)
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 slightly beaten egg
- 1¼ cups of canned pumpkin
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 beaten eggs (in addition to other slightly beaten egg)
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Ready Made Single Pie Crust OR Make your own
- In a small bowl, beat together the cream cheese, ¼ cup of sugar, vanilla and the slightly beaten egg on medium speed until smooth. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Place pie crust in pie pan and turn cream cheese mixture into the pie pan. Trim pie crust and crimp as desired.
- In a medium bowl, combine the pumpkin, evaporated milk, the other two eggs, ¼ cup brown sugar, ¼ cup sugar, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg.
- Carefully pour this mixture over the cream cheese mixture you have already place in the pie pan.
- Cover edge of crust with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Remove foil and back for another 25 minutes.
- While pie is baking, combine pecans, butter, flour and 2 tablespoons of brown sugar.
- Remove pie from oven and sprinkle the pecan mixture over the pie. Bake for an additional 10 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.